Thursday, April 29, 2010

My break-up letter with Winter

Dear Old Man Winter,                                                                                             29 April 2010
It would appear you didn't get the memo.  While I realize this letter might be hard for you to read, it's the end of April and some of your behaviors lately have forced me to admit that It's Time.  Please accept my humble words with the loving spirit in which they were written.  Winter honey, you've been my constant companion these several months.  Everyday, I dressed, drove and cooked with you in mind.  We had our fun, months of it.  Under your influence, I've skiied, skated, tobogganed, and made snowmen.  I've shared cups of hot cocoa, mugs of soup, knitted and wore wooly socks.  I've put extra blankets on the bed in your honour.  I've turned up the thermostat.  You have been first and foremost in my mind each and every day for the last several months.  We were great together.  But now I'm ready to move on.  There's someone new in my life.  Someone warm and sunny.  If you must know, his name is Spring.  While he's not your total opposite, at least he's fresh and invigorating, where you are cold and grey.  I know I shouldn't compare you two, and it's not that I don't love you, I'm just ready for a change.  Our relationship is over.  I'm not saying forever, just for now.  I hope you can be mature about this, and not strike back via vindictive or jealous snowstorms.  Spring will not be hidden (for long) by your cold wet coverings.  He's here to stay.  You know, I think it would be good for you to see other people. Other people in say, Australia or New Zealand.  We need some space from each other to really appreciate the things we like about each other.  So, thanks for the memories.  It's been a slice.  Catch you on the flip side.  Hasta luego, baby.  Cheerio.  TTYL.  CUL8R.  Peace Out.  God speed.  Live long and prosper.  Buhbye.  Don't let the door hit you on your way out.  Love ya, but wouldn't want to be ya.  Adieu.
Sincerely, but no longer lovingly yours,
Jacqueline

8 comments:

Jenn said...

I knew I was going to love this as soon as I read the title. I'm laughing enough I'm crying.
You crack me up.

Beth said...

Wonderful letter. Put a smile on my face! Now hopefully he will listen to you and not get jealous!

mskaz said...

Yes. I would have been less polite. More like, "GO AWAY NOW! AND NEVER COME BACK!"

Amber said...

I have to agree. I had to go turn off the sprinklers this morning because of the snow on the ground. What's up with that!!!

Harmony said...

Love it, and totally agree!

Paula said...

alls I can say is "Linda". You have her to thank for this part of your creative personality I think!

Rita said...

Tee hee. Loved this...Hopefully he listens! I am S.I.C.K. of being cold.

Christy said...

This is so funny and clever! I hope Old Man Winter gets the hint!