Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Abandoned

How rude of me to abandon you and leave you hanging in Alcatraz...so to speak.  It may be time to abandon this blog if I can't keep it up.  So. Busy.

My Mom was born in Northern California so this picture is just for her.  I almost missed it.  Click to biggify and read the sign.
Our way home took us to Reno, Nevada and Lake Tahoe.  Lake Tahoe was a beautiful clear lake and the kids swam and snorkeled for a bit. 


Ed and I went to the Reno Temple. 
I saw snow on some hills in Nevada.  That blew me away.  It was cool to see it in July in the mountains in Waterton but on some low hills in Nevada at the end of August seemed wrong on some level.  Sorry no picture.  But I did take some pictures of the Great Salt Lake...  It is very large.  I remember swimming in it when I was a little kid - there were brine shrimp swimming too.  But driving in from Reno you drive past it for a long, long time and I was impressed with it's size.  Also of note were the "floating islands" that I took a picture of below.  Fun trip.  Long trip.  So glad to be home. 
(Even though I've been home for over 2 months now...)

2 comments:

Neener said...

So cool. Love that you went to Lake Taho, haven't been there yet.

Neener said...

Hey, see I read your blog.
So glad you are back.