I will discuss books with anyone. Sometimes I've heard of the book, sometimes I haven't. The other day, a friend was
talking raving about the sequel to Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum. What? There was a sequel??? Apparently I have some reading to do. After the Wizard of Oz, there is The Marvelous Land of Oz and then Ozma of Oz. They are delightful books and I see why my friend enjoys them. She reads them to her grandchildren who also love them. Imagine my delight when I read about the weapon of choice for General Jinjur's Army.
"Tip thought this strange Army bore no weapons whatever; but in this he was wrong. For each girl had stuck through the knot of her back hair two long, glittering knitting-needles." (pg. 88-89)
And they were not afraid to use them.
...immediately he was surrounded by a crowd of girls who drew the knitting-needles from their hair and began jabbing them at the Guardian with the sharp points dangerously near his fat cheeks and blinking eyes." (pg. 92)
Hopefully you are not as far behind in your childhood reading as I am, but if you are, summer is a great time to catch up!
2 comments:
There are actually 14. Liam
Post a Comment