Tuesday, July 10, 2007

update

The last week of school was a whirlwind. Erica earned a few awards at school, including honours with distinction. I would post all of them but then I would be guilty of righteous pride. Suffice it to say that she worked very hard and was rewarded accordingly. She also got honours in her Grade 5 piano exams.

Bentley graduated from grade 6. He and Erica will be at Fairview together next year. He wants to take saxophone in band next year and the band teacher said he would have to practice all summer if he wanted to play sax in grade 7 band. Erica is taking up trumpet on top of the french horn next year so, needless to say, our house is a rockin' place.



A little bit of frantic knitting yielded these "apples for the teacher" for the kids' teachers as a thank you gift on the last day of school. I got the pattern off this fantastic site.




We did the MidSun Run. Austen and cousin Orson tied for first place in the under 10 age group.







Even Ed ran this year! (He looks like he's dying in this pic, but he came out all right give or take a sore muscle - or six.) We did miss Grandad and hope he will be back next year.





We visited my brother Jeff in Magrath. The kids had fun bombing around on the golf cart and riding Whiskey and Rocket.
This is Jeff's front yard. It is huge.

We took the boat out over the 1st of July to Stafford Lake. Bentley was worried he had forgotten how to slalom, but obviously he didn't have any trouble.


Stafford Lake


Dereck and Adrienne and their girls were up for a few days. We had fun hiking and visiting at Troy's.


This is Troys' front yard. This is Troy's backyard.


Bentley and Austen took a dip in Cameron Lake. Now, I have swam in Waterton. I have swam in Ghost Reservoir. Both are very cold lakes. But Cameron has glacial ice melting into it year round, keeping it iceberg cool. Up till now, the only people I have ever known to swim in Cameron were a couple of Norwegians that visited my Dad when I was a kid. I thought they were crazy.




Apparently my kids are crazy too!




Cameron Lake
Crandell Lake


Finally I leave you with a few pics from the Jacobs' Reunion.



Don't ask about my knitting. I am plugging away at the endless rounds of mindless knitting on my fair isle. The pockets are in and I am about to attach the sleeves. We won't mention about how I had to frog over 3 hours of work because my instructions were missing a line... I believe I'm over it. I'll take a picture soon. Sorry about the long post, but now you are up to date and can quit hassling me to update my blog!



1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Thanks for posting the photos from the Jacobs' reunion. It's too bad we had to miss that! I hope you had fun. Keep up the blog! I am about to update mine. Adree