I thought maybe it wasn't lady like to shoot a gun but Savannah is darning socks by the firelight, and without missing a stitch she doesn't look up but says to our family, When those Comanches come back Missis will have to throw her knitting at them. Then Ernest laughs low and says, That will surely scare them, he seen her knitting. We all had us a good hearty chuckle out of their ears.
Ed's Earl Navy socks are moving along very slowly. I was knitting them on my Skacel 2.5 circ, but the knitted fabric lacked the bounce and squish it had while still in skein form. I tried knitting with a softer hand but the wool just didn't respond. So I changed over to my Lantern Moons. I'm happy to report both yarn and knitter are much happier.
I'm trying to decide what to knit over Spring Break for the hours spent in the car. I'll finish the Earl Navy's of course, but I am trying to think of something else to take. You can never take too many projects on a trip. I get apprehensive just thinking about being 12 hours in a car with no knitting. Perhaps these, for my daughter with the eternally icy hands?
Speaking of whom, she has been busy with the watercolours and pastels. Colour is so much fun compared to the white walls I have just finished painting and the brown outside. Hurry up spring.

Underwater Watercolour by Erica
Barnyard Pastel by Erica














1 comment:
I'm impressed with Erica's artwork. Good luck finding spring. We woke up today to find my flowers buried in two inches of snow, with more falling.
(I really don't know what flavor the blue yogurt was--I can't stomach the stuff like the kids do. I think it was some berry flavor, or maybe cotton candy. I think they just call it yogurt to make it sound healthy...)
Post a Comment