Sunday, December 14, 2008

Time manipulation

So I gave all the kids an advent calendar for Christmas. On the 11th, Miranda ate her last one. She was so excited and came running to me yelling, "Yayyy, it's Christmas tomorrow!" The waiting is killing her. Whenever she sees something in a store or on a commercial that she likes, I tell her, "maybe Santa will bring it." Or if I do buy it, she wants it immediately and I tell her we will wrap it and put it under the Christmas tree. She's getting pretty tired of that and elicits a huge groan everytime. So Comical. This morning I found 2 partially unwrapped gifts under the tree. Just enough so one could see what was inside. Hmmm, seems to me we either have a mouse or someone else is having trouble waiting for Christmas.

4 comments:

Bea said...

ooo... I remember the year my brother did that. My parents were not happy. They ended up trading out a few of his birthday presents for the the Christmas presents so he was so excited to be getting a certain thing and didn't get to open it until a week later.

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Deanna and I am a confessed peaker! LOL I ruined at least 2 Christmases by slyly pulling down a corner of a wrapped present. I just couldn't stand the excitement. I love Christmas! My husband isn't as enthusiastic but over the years has become much more likely to get on the band wagon and find me super gifts. I can hardly wait! LOL
Oh yeah, I wanted to let you know that I have gotten out the knitting needles and am whipping up a simple color block alpaca scarf. Sooooo soft.

Rita said...

Ha ha. How old is Miranda? That is so cute. My 3-year-old asks for anything and everything broadcast on the TV waves. It's killing me.

Harmony said...

Go Miranda! When she's a little older she'll figure out that it's more fun to savor December. :-)