Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

The blog wishes you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Our home has been full of Christmas spirit and we went a whole 6 hours with neither a squabble nor a fight.

In knitting news, the missionary socks were ripped out, reknit, and sent to the intended. I can't see them not fitting now. I also knit 2 dishcloths for my kids piano teachers. They had a 16th note on the front. Sorry no pics, but here is the link to the pattern. And after a knitting drought, I have cast on for the DeadBeat poncho. A little Christmas Eve knitting has it coming along nicely. It is modelled after the Yarn Harlot Poncho and knit in Universal Worsted. Pics to follow.
In keeping with the reason for the season, here is a photo tour of all the Nativity scenes in my home.
Well, I'm off to put in the turkey for Christmas dinner. Enjoy yourselves and stay warm. I can't wait to pick up the deadbeat poncho some more.

5 comments:

Rita said...

Great nativity scenes. I have a couple of the same ones you do.

I hope your little family had a beautiful Christmas and that 2009 treats you right. It's nice to have you on my friend list :) (And I don't mean just facebook!) I'm inspired by your creativity and happy parenting.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back knitting. Now that Christmas is over I have to really settle down to knit. A argyle vest for my daughter for her birthday in March (got yarn on boxing sale at Gina's and sweater for grandson for April birthday) See you at knitting club

Paula said...

can't quite keep up with the knitting terminology, but Merry Christmas! We'll have to get our kids together for lots of playing in January and February...it's hard to be indoors in this cold with no friends. Stop in anytime.

Anonymous said...

Hope your Christmas was merry and warm! Love the pics of nativities.

Bea said...

Somehow I missed this! I hope you had a really wonderful holiday and a happy new year!