Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dirigible

I'm reading a good book.  I know it's good because I'm on page 19 and I already have 6 new words.  Plus, I've seen 2 of the previous words that I've used in New Word Wednesdays: copacetic and semaphore.  Don't worry, I won't overload you with all the new words.  One a week.  Starting with dirigible.

dirigible: n; an airship (blimp)
Although they (my braces) gave me the look of a dirigible with the skin off, Father always liked being reminded that he was getting his money's worth."  (Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley p. 2)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for doing the New Word Wednesdays. I have learned so many new words from you.

Anonymous said...

I've been missing your new words! Having a fun summer?

Amber said...

I started reading it but didn't have time to finish. I can't wait to check it out again and finish. :)