Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Break

They say the Family that prays together stays together.  We say the Family that Skis together Stays together.  Not that we don't pray...  For Spring Break this year we didn't go to China or Utah. 
We went to Canmore.  I love Canmore.  Canmore has an amazing ability to rejuvenate the soul and calm the spirit.  Not a bad view anywhere.
We skied 4 days at Lake Louise and swam in the heated outdoor pool every night.  The kids worked on getting some air and I worked on trying to keep up with them.  They were more successful than I was.




 One day after skiing we strapped on some spikey crampons and hiked up Grotto Canyon.  In the summer Grotto Canyon is a small river in Kananaskis Country.  In the winter it freezes solid and can be traversed.  It was a beautiful hike and I loved walking "up" the frozen water.


You all know how much I love stripes - check out the rock wall to the right...
Striped rock on wall to right...
note the slant


One last picture I took of myself since I so seldom end up in photos... Can you find me?

4 comments:

Neener said...

I love your skiing blog posts. Looks like a wonderful time your family had.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time was had by all!

JeanneJ said...

Love photos! I'm glad you had a great trip.

Jenn said...

You're so fun, energetic and creative. I'm tired just thinking about it. I'll sign up for the soak in the heated pool at the end of the day :)