Well, I made the 9 (11) km run. I'm not stiff or sore or tired. It was great. Next up on the training schedule was a 5 km. Since I was at my mom's I planned my run down the country road to the highway. It was a fresh cool morning with rain in the forecast. I forgot my mp3, but no worries - the surrounding birdsong was deafening and suited me just fine. Things were going well until a big fat beaver walked across the road in front of me. I was so shocked I didn't get a pic until he had descended the coulee and swam down the creek.
I continued on marveling at the chances of seeing a beaver there, it not being a usual spot to see a beaver. Next I was distracted by a muskrat swimming in a lake. Sometimes he would lift his spiky tail up and swim with his tail sticking straight up.
Next I was stalked by a leggy scruffy deer who finally jumped the fence on both sides of me and crossed the road right in front of me.
Last but not least I was followed by a bunch of skittish calves who ran down the fenceline with me. A very eventful run to say the least, but way too many distractions.
We had an enjoyable rest of the day as Erica and Miranda got their horse fix, Lincoln got lots of cousin time and I had lots of cake. My mom makes good cake and lots of it. (You might wonder why I run if I'm just going to cancel all that exercise by eating cake. Well, I've decided I run so I CAN eat cake.)
Fun weekend, but too short.
Fun weekend, but too short.
Count the cowboy boots!
Home Sweet Home.















2 comments:
YOu run?? everybody is running now, does that mean I need to run too? I hate running, always had. I'll walk 10,000 miles before I run.
Love your photos especially the last one.
Do tell what kind of cake you ate.
What gorgeous country! I've wanted to visit since we were freshman together and you talked about Waterton Park.
Post a Comment