June is crazy busy. Just a quick note since the girls at book club liked my quotes collected from Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman so much. A great summer read if you're looking for one.
"Books became my life, or maybe I should say books became the way I escaped my life." pg 16
"Momma had been gone for only 3 days, and already I was facing the single biggest lessons of my life: death changes everything." pg. 36
"Life's full of change honey. That's how we learn and grow. When we're born, the Good Lord gives each of us a Life Book. Chapter by chapter, we live and learn." pg. 41
"Don't let nobody rob you of your freedom." pg. 167
"That's what best friends should do: cherish the good and pretend not to notice the harmless rest." pg. 181
"There's blessing in everything if we open our eyes." pg 195
"Don't forget to show the Lord your grateful heart today." pg 217
"Men are like high-heeled shoes. I like how pretty they are but by the end of the night I can't wait to get rid of them." pg 220
"Don't grow up too fast. Age is inevitable, but if you nurture a childlike heart, you'll never ever grow old." pg. 221
"It's what we believe about ourselves that determines how others see us." Pg. 249
"Oysters are a lot like women. It's how we survive the hurts in life that brings us our strengths and gives us our beauty." pg. 255
"Don't go wastin' all them bright tomorrows you ain't even seen by hangin' on to what happened yesterday." pg 290
And last but not least, a knitting quote. I hope this doesn't happen to me...:
"She spent her days tending the jewelry store, and her nights locked away in the apartment above it, with her Perry Como record collection, her knitting, and her one-eared cat, Napoleon." pg. 105
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














5 comments:
I just read that too! I really enjoyed it. Wish I could find out what happens with the rest of her life. have a great summer!
(1) I just picked up that book to read!
(2) Are you cheating on us with another book club?????
I love those quotes. I think I should read that book.
I am very disturbed to hear about your school's reading program or lack thereof.
Hey I like your header picture!! LOL!
Love these quotes. I'm suggesting this book to my book club!
Post a Comment