Monday, February 06, 2017

January wrap-up

January is not my favourite month. It seems long, but then it flies by. I want to get outside and be active but it's usually cold and dark. I want to get a lot accomplished but find myself unmotivated after the craziness of Christmas. All in all, though, I feel pretty good about this January.

I started and finished a charity quilt. It's called Scrappy Trip Around the World and it is very scrappy. Even the binding is made from the leftover scraps. It is soft and cozy and bright and colourful.
I finished my Robot quilt that I started back in 2015. Pattern is Falling Charms. The fabrics were just a sample and it made a small quilt. I loved the fabrics but couldn't find them anywhere. I finally found them at a store in Connecticut under a different name and fabric line. I bought enough to make a twin size. I love it. 
I went on a winter hike with my hiking buddies. We hiked Mount McNab in the Sheep River country. It is best hiked in winter so you can just walk across the frozen Sheep River. There was no trail so we had to pick our way through deadfall forest much of the time. 
There are 2 false summits, but this is the actual summit.



We hiked along the top of this steep ravine to get back to the car. Coal Creek runs along the bottom.

Last but not least I finished my Eden socks. I did an afterthought heel and had to reknit the foot on one sock because I dropped too many stitches when picking up stitches for the heel. Definitely a challenging pattern, but I will probably make all my socks with the afterthought heel from now on. 





1 comment:

Sue-anne said...

When I saw "wrap-up", I thought you were "wrapping up the blog", as in ending it. I'm glad that's not what you meant!