You know when you hear about something on facebook and you can't help being part of it? Apparently a seniors complex burned down in Newfoundland leaving 22 seniors completely homeless. Luckily a quilter lives across the street. She put out a call to all quilters to send blocks of certain specified dimensions to her. She would then compile them and create 22 quilts for these displaced seniors. I sent her 21 blocks. I am overwhelmed by the support she received. She's going to be sewing for a while. But I love doing stuff like this.
This is a project for a friend on mine who has spent countless hours making quilts for the Drop-In Centre here in Calgary. She is no spring chicken but she is a work horse. She never stops. I wanted to make her a quilt to honour her for all her hours of selfless service. I hope she likes it.
















No comments:
Post a Comment