
I LOVE this sweater. I wish I could say I knit this sweater. I love the drape and the length and the originality and the classic style. I found it in a new book at the library called Handknit Style II. Do you think I could ever knit anything that beautiful? Someday, maybe...
I LOVE to swing. Miranda and I went to the park today and we almost fell asleep on the swing. There is something so relaxing about your two-year-old lying on your chest and moving forward and backward, not talking, just listening to the birds on a nice day, not a breeze in the air, until suddenly you realize the 2-year-old is practically asleep and if you don't do something soon, you will fall soon fall asleep too. Remember the poem The Swing by Robert Louis Stevenson?
How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!
Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
Rivers and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside-
Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown-
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!
I need a swing in my backyard.














No comments:
Post a Comment