Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Random Wednesday



I came across a new word in one of the books I was reading. If you think you know what "ovine" means WITHOUT looking it up, you are amazing. Email me if you know what it means, I like to find out how many people know things I don't know. And BTW, it has nothing to do with oatmeal...

Another knitting quote:

Take the thickest socks.
Wherever you're going you'll have to walk.

There may be water.
There may be stones.
There may be high places you cannot go without the hope socks bring you, the way they hold you to the earth.
At least one pair must be blue as a wish hand-knit by your mother in her sleep.

It goes on, but I am just including the knitting part. That was taken from a poem by Lorna Crozier called Packing for the Future: Instructions. Erica got it at school. I guess I better learn to knit in my sleep...


The "Ariel" phase.


More craftiness. I made 2 diaper cakes this week for friends who had babies.




I'm not going to admit how many Mason-Dixon warshrags I have been making. It is embarrassing. If you would like to be a lucky recipient, just send me an email and tell me how cute you think they are and I'm sure I will knit you one.

Here is a fun link if you want to waste some time.

I guess that's it for Random Wednesday. Spring is here, or rather summer. Yesterday it was 24 above. It was hot. The kids are all busy with soccer, piano exams, provincial exams, violin concerts and swimming lessons. I cannot believe how fast this school year has gone.