Thursday, May 24, 2007

What's with the white stuff?



Usually this perky little trees branches do not drag on the ground!

This, dear reader, is my neighbor's tree this morning. The poor little thing was crushed under several inches of very heavy, very wet snow. Yes, snow. Yes, I am aware of the date. A rogue snowstorm came through Calgary in the night. My tulips and iris look like they survived, but I'm glad I brought in my baby sweet peas. Some parts of Calgary and surrounding areas lost power. It is still snowing up by Airdrie. Usually we feel safe after the long weekend, but let this be a lesson to all. You are never truly safe. For everyone who laughed at me for knitting a scarf, I say to you, "Ha! Behold the scarf weather!"

(scarf yarn)

Now, most of you know I am not very politically minded. However, my dad is. He is currently vying for the leadership of the Conservative Party in the Taber/Warner riding. He worked as MLA in this riding back in 2000. Now the race for leadership is on again. You can check out his website here. Please use your southern Alberta influence to help him if you can. He's a good guy (unbiased opinion, of course).

2 comments:

houseofhud said...

I told you I'd check it out!
Allaina

Amber Wigg said...

I wish I had that pic. of the snowfall with the May 24th on it. That was the day of our 5th wedding anniversary, and the day we got married (5 years ago) there was a pile of snow. It brought back memories....