Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Random Wednesday

We had lovely weather for the first week of school. Too bad it didn't hold. Here are the kids on the first day of school. (The boy in the middle is our neighbor Brendan.) I think they are all enjoying being back to school, although none but Erica would admit it. Lincoln drew this picture on the third day of school and I thought it was so cute. Lest you think it is a picture of a red person with a pink hand (remember he is colourblind) drowning, the English translation would be "I will raise my hand."
I knit this sock on the dock at the cabin. I shudder everytime I think about dropping a DPN under the dock.

I started the second one, but it got bumped by this little purchase from Sassafras in Montana.Sorry about the colour. It is a very rainy day. Trust me, it's navy. This is a sock for Edward out of wool and silk. So soft. I am knitting it on a circular needle which is very refreshing after DPN's. I may have to convert.

Erica is horse crazy. She spent a lot of time this summer trying to draw horses. They are not the easiest thing in the world to draw. Here are some of her attempts. I think they turned out very well.
Last but not least, Miranda asked me to read her Little Women by Louisa May Alcott last night and guess what I found?
I'm dying to go and fight in the war with Papa, and I can only stay at home and knit, like a poky old woman!
(Of course that would be Jo speaking.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

got your comment on the ktog blog. That blog is no longer active, the store it was from closed and I don't know where the pattern came from. Sorry.

Granny said...

That confounded chirping is enough to make me give up knitting forever.