Purple Mountain, called so because of the mysterious purple clouds that envelope it at dawn and dusk, is the resting place of Dr. Sun Yet'sun, considered to be the "Father of modern China". The Mausoleum was blissfully cool after the blistering hot climb. The 397 steps up took longer than normal due to the number of Chinese "tourists" who wanted pictures of/with Miranda.
Miranda's nightgown was only 15 yuan (3.oo CAD) here. I won't tell you that I paid 55 yuan (11.oo CAD) at the Confucius Temple... Of course we had to buy another one!
In fact, we outfitted the entire family in silk pajamas.
Supper was at a restaurant that had no English-speaking waiters and the menu had few poor-quality pictures. What to do? Why, the cell phone translator service was again utilized. The food was mediocore. The kids had fun playing with their shrimp, which came with beady little eyes. But they couldn't eat them.
.jpg)














5 comments:
CUTE JAMMIES. I will never look at Ed the same! lol
Yah. I don't usually eat things that are watching me either! ew.
Haa ha. My thoughts too Debbie! I can never understand why they keep the heads on the food they eat? I DON'T want to be looking at my dinner in the eyes.
You guys got some good bargains!
I love your china posts.... I love the PJ's.
Do you all love your silk pj's?!
Those little eyes on the shrimp would freak me out, I won't eat them either!
Post a Comment