So my son Austen wanted a sweater. I decided to knit it for him for Christmas. After much deliberation on the colour/style/pattern, I ended up deciding to knit from Elizabeth Zimmermann's sweater "recipe". Basically it is based on the belief that our bodies grow proportionately so everything is a percentage of one master measurement. While many knitting tools were used in this undertaking, the most used was probably the calculator! I started it in November, with my personal deadline being December first.
Then I saw this pattern and I just had to knit a pair of those for a certain deserving photographer friend of mine... See how her fingers and thumbs are free to turn dials and push buttons on her camera and yet her hands should stay mostly warm??? I think I have serious will power issues.
I did finish the sweater, on the 23rd at 2:00 am. I hope it fits and I hope he likes it.















3 comments:
You amaze me! I love how much you accomplish and how beautiful it is! Those fingerless gloves are a great idea. I'll have to get my mom to make some for me, too.
They look great, i love the gloves.
Cutting it close there...Those other things are really cute though so I don't blame you for wanting to knit those up too.
Post a Comment