Lincoln's birth story was pretty funny. First of all, I had the best nurse. I believe I may have actually proposed to her at some point during the ordeal... Anyway, my sister was in town that day and my older kids had fun swimming at the Super 8 with their cousins. I remember being mad because there was a "clerk" trying to "officiate" at the birth. I thought he was an admitting clerk and kept telling Ed to get him away from me. The nurses were even annoyed at him and told him he wasn't allowed to do anything without a real doctor there. It was a Friday night and the only doctor on the floor was called out for emergency surgery. They finally found a doctor down on the pediatric floor who used to deliver babies. She came in and discovered that the cord was wrapped around his neck and if I had listened to the clerk, the baby would possibly have been strangled at birth.
I almost fainted when they told me Lincoln was a boy. I knew with every fibre of my being that my next baby would be a girl. I made a pink quilt, picked out girl names and took a pink outfit to the hospital to bring my baby home in. So I was rather shocked. I got a double shock when they told me he was 8 lbs. 9 oz. I didn't have that big of babies. But I instantly fell in love with his grizzly style long hair and his smile and easy nature.
He has stayed big and continues to shock people who find out he is only 10 years old.He has beautiful eyes, loves to play sports, is an excellent speller and loves to cram his piano practicing into one night.
My first decade with him has been full of fun and wonder, I can hardly wait for the next.
Happy Birthday Lincoln.















1 comment:
Happy belated birthday Lincoln!
Post a Comment