Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Silver Medal

Well, it turns out we only got second place in the Icicle Awards.  Alberta was only the second coldest place in the world yesterday - beaten only by somewhere in Antarctica.  It was so cold.  How cold was it, you might ask?  Well, it was so cold your eyeballs froze to the flagpole if you looked at it.  It was so cold my battery in my mp3 froze 10 minutes into my run.  (Yes, I ran outside and yes it thawed out again after 10 minutes in my mitten.)  It was so cold I had to wear my wool sweater under my ski jacket.  It was so cold, I didn't go to knitting at my friend's house.  It was algid, brumal, gelid and hiemal.  No need to look those up.  They all mean cold.

1 comment:

JeanneJ said...

I love reading your blog! Actually, I could use some of your cold here. It's still hot and muggy which is okay most of the time; however, at Christmas, it better get at least chilly!