When I think of Taiwan, I think of scooters. Hundreds of them crowd the streets and sidewalks. They whip to the front at every red light and it is like the Indy 500 for scooters when the light turns green. Ed and I found it most comical.
When we got there it was very hot and humid. We walked from the bus depot to the temple, with our luggage. It seemed like it was 10 miles uphill in the sweltering heat but I may be exaggerating everything except the heat. The temple is built beside the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall and echoes its architecture and design.
We stayed in the temple patron housing across the street. In case you need proof that Edward is too tall to be Asian here is a shot of his head hitting the roof in the stairwell of our accommodations. We got out of the temple late at night and the only place that was open was 7-11. Our "supper", which consisted of snickers, crackers, hagen das, and a drink, cost 245.00 in TWD. (Don't stress, that works out to about 8 bucks CAD.) Yes, we like to eat healthy on vacation.
We went up Taipei 101 which was the tallest building in the world until 2010.
I love this pic of the subway station. They had a huge black and white grid pattern on the floor and it was fantastic.
We walked to the Night Market. I wanted to try some of the foods but we didn't really buy anything. We just walked and walked and walked.
I really liked Taiwan. We ate the most delicious doughnuts from a bakery on a random street in the middle of nowhere. The people were humble and friendly. I would visit it again.














No comments:
Post a Comment