Wednesday, January 29, 2014

August 2013 part 3 Tokyo

When we landed in Tokyo I saw a beautiful cement truck in Miranda's favourite colour.  I whipped out my camera and tried to get a pic.  Then we got in a taxi with immaculate white lace seat covers and went to our hotel.



We also took a taxi to the temple.  We had the most delicious curry rice in the cafeteria.




We walked home afterwards and the streets were so narrow I thought we were walking in back alleys. 
 The next day we went to the World Marching Band Championships.  If you could read Japanese I'm sure this sign would tell you that.  Or it might say Metallica is performing.  We're not really sure... We took the train to Chiba.  We passed Disney Japan on the way.


They won!

There were some fireworks that we could see and hear from our hotel room.


Right after the championships we hopped on a train and rode to Fujimoto to hike Mount Fuji.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I love the pictures Jacqueline! They bring back so many memories. Did you ever hear the music coming from the garbage trucks? I thought they must be ice cream trucks for the longest time!

Neener said...

you hiked mt. fuji?
how awesome!!!
love the pics. i bet the curry you ate was good.