At one time I tried knitting a toe-up sock. I did not fall in love with the technique and have continued to happily knit socks from the cuff down ever since. (The thing I didn't like about the sock is the cast-off edge. It annoys me. I can't tell when I'm wearing it, but the rest of the time, I don't really like the ruffly edge. I know, it's ridiculous, call me petty.)
What's the problem with that you might ask? Well, I have a lonely sock. I never bothered to knit a mate for that poor toe-up sock.
I felt horrible about it for years, so in a flash of brilliant genius, I finally decided to cast on a mate.
I did NOT want to knit a toe up sock so I thought I would try an after-thought heel sock and then I would frog the original offensive toe-up sock and re-knit it into a mate for the after-thought heel sock. What's the problem with that you might ask? Well, I don't want to/can't make myself rip out all that work. It's a perfectly functional sock.
(Please ignore my crazy ski tights. I was photographing this on my lap in the truck on the way home from skiing while lamenting my petty problem and trying to decide what to do.)
















No comments:
Post a Comment