Friday, April 13, 2007

Purls of Wisdom

So it occurred to me how much I enjoy a reference to knitting or seeing someone knit in a movie or show. I thought I might start "collecting" knitting quotes. (well, people do collect weirder things!) I picked up At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon simply because my sister insists I told her about it and she enjoyed reading it. Since I have no recollection whatsoever of reading this book, I got it out of the library and started reading it. Here on page 10 is a reference to knitting.

"In this idyll, he could not see her face, but he knew it had a girlish sweetness, and she was always knitting. Knitting, he thought, was a comfort to the soul. It was regular. It was repetitious. And, in the end, it amounted to something."


So there you have it.

No comments: