Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Spring "BREAK"

Get it? As in BROKEN arm over spring BREAK? I "crack" myself up, I am so punny. Yeah, so we rented a cute little chalet in Canmore on Good Friday and skiied Thursday and Friday at Lake Louise. They have a large outdoor heated pool and we had a lot of fun skiing and swimming. Until Friday morning, first run down the mountain Bentley fell on an icy spot and the rest is history. Somehow he managed to get down the mountain, (this is remarkable because it took him several tries to merely stand up on his skis...) and I took him to the first aid shack where an Australian ski bum proclaimed it "not broke". Ed insisted on a splint and I spent the rest of the day treating him for shock. Upon stopping at the South Calgary Emergency Centre on the way home (after a beautiful day of skiing) an X-ray revealed not just one bone broken, but both. He now has a short arm cast and is back to pounding out Star Wars, Darth Vader Music, Free Willy theme song and Crazy Frog at random intervals on the piano. Good to have you back Bentley.

No comments: