Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cardston Parade

Well, the long awaited (2 years) big day arrived. I don't think Erica or I slept a wink the night before the parade. Erica because she was so excited, me because I was so afraid she would get bucked off!


Dylan, Erica and Grandpa

The kids had fun getting all the candy they could and we all enjoyed the rodeo that evening. Tune in next year as I will be on the CHS grad 88 float! Yup, that's 20 years out of high school. No wonder I can't remember anything!


Dylan on Jasper /Josh on Mick


Allie on Whiskey / Grandpa on Fred


Lasca on Rocket/ Ashlyn's "Fun in the Sun"

My mother-in-law sent me a knitting quote. I think it came from the Biography of Mary Ann Batty Smith (born 1867 in old Whittington, Derbyshire, England)

...a weathly lady, Lady Swanick, came to my father and told him that she would pay for the children to go to school. . . . I learned the three-R's and I also learned to knit which came in handy when I had a house full of little kids to make stockings for. We had to learn to knit in school, and when we made a
mistake, the teacher would crack our hands with a thimble.

Boy, I would have loved to knit in school, but I could do without the thimble crack....

No comments: