On entering the parlour, we found that honoured lady seated in her arm chair at the fireside, working away at her knitting, according to her usual custom, when she had nothing else to do....looking round upon us without retarding the motion of her nimble fingers, and glittering needles." (p. 12)
And here's another.
She had brought her knitting with her, and it seemed as if her tongue had laid a wager with her fingers, to outdo them in swift and ceaseless motion." (p. 37)
I don't remember the knitting content from the first time around.
I have become very interested in Vintage Knitting. I have a few books my mother-in-law gave me, but I got this pattern from a friend. I think it is so cute and I almost wish I had a little baby girl to put it on instead of this doll with the gimped eyes...














1 comment:
asfar as we can find, there is only 1 go-karting place in Calgary and it is Kart World Family Fun Centre at 5202 1st St SW 253-8301
Post a Comment