Friday, August 03, 2007

Update for July

Something has been keeping me from blogging and knitting. Now that I have it out of my system, apparently forever, (sniff) I can get on with things.


We have been having an awesome summer. We had some fun down at the farm, with the new baby kittens.



The kids had fun going down Blood Sucker Alley aka the canal in the dinghy.



Erica and Bentley rode Jasper and Nellie up to the lake, all by themselves.

We went on a family holiday to Yellowstone National Park, some 9 hours away in the general direction of Wyoming. Although they had not had rain for over a month, (this picture is taken on the way in, before we set up our tent) it began to rain in the night and continued to keep us fresh and clean right up till when we had to take the tent down to come home. It always seems to rain when we go camping. Remember Tofino back in 2001?

We still managed to see most of the sights, most importantly a wild buffalo,

a faithful gyser, and mysterious bubbling mud pots.

On the way home we stopped at the Lewis and Clark Caverns which were cool even though they have nothing to do with Lewis and Clark. Way cool. It was a 2 hour tour and when we finished the kids wanted to do it again. They loved it. (Sorry about the pics, the lighting wasn't that great.)

We stayed overnight in Great Falls before finishing our week off at Writing-On-Stone Park.

Even though it was 100 degrees in the shade, the kids ran and jumped like mountain goats. Not even the threat of rattlesnake would slow them down. I finally talked them into going back under threat of sunstroke. We had an ice cream at the camping store and went to Lethbridge. I thought the coolest thing was this colourful grasshopper. Ok, the hoodoos were cool too. I had never seen them before.




Since we've been home we have had fun at Sundance Lake and painting our back fence.

Since this is supposed to be a knitting blog, I should report on my knitting. I have attached the arms and am ready to start the yoke on my fair isle. Unfortunately this coincided with a lot of hot weather and I haven't felt like doing it much.



I have finished one of my chocolate cough drop socks, but will wait to post a picture. I made a cute little charity toque,



actually I have made lots...

I need to take them to the hospital so all the new little babies will have nice warm heads. Even though it is smokin' hot out...

No comments: