You may have heard of the
Big Rock Candy Mountain. We went there when I was very young and all I can remember is rock candy, a caged coyote and my mom singing
this song . My mom sings it better than
Burl Ives ever did. Well, Marysvale, Utah is a long way away, but the
Big Rock of Okotoks is only about 20 minutes away so the kids and I had fun for a few hours in the middle of the prairies on a rock that came here from Jasper thousands of years ago. Okotoks is actually the Blackfoot word for "rock". Be sure to read the
Blackfoot legend about the rock.




Ed's is off on holidays this week so we went to
Shakers for the day. The kids had fun go-carting, climbing and playing laser tag. It was a long fun day. I think that is the first time I have been in bed and asleep before 9:30 since I was in grade 9!
.JPG)
Erica couldn't get enough go-carting. This does not bode well as she is eligible for her driver's license in 3 years...
.jpg)
Ed was stiff the next day from go-carting. Remember you're not 39 anymore!
Ed running some unsuspecting kid off the track. Competive, much?

Lincoln rock climbing
No comments:
Post a Comment