Monday, December 03, 2007

Blueberry Cheesecake



Remember Blueberry Cheesecake ice cream? You don't see it too often anymore, but I used to love it. That's all I could think about while I was knitting these socks. I first saw these socks on the Blue Blog , and I read about them in Favorite Socks. While I was hesitant to try a lace sock, I think they turned out rather spectacular in TOFUtsies (toe-foot-sies) from SWTC. These socks are naturally anti-bacterial as they are made from chitin - a fiber made from shrimp and crab shells. They also have wool, cotton, and Soysilk. They are a gift for someone who has everything. I hope she loves them as much as I have enjoyed making them. Hmph, impossible. They were really fun to make. Anyway, one gift finished.
It's been awhile since I came across a knitting quote, but I found one in the most unlikely place.
He heard a good deal more about Mrs. Hubbard's daughter and he heard the lifelong habits of Mr. Hubbard, deceased, from his rising in the morning and commencing breakfast with a cereal to his final rest at night in the bedsocks that Mrs. Hubbard herself had been in the babit of knitting for him.
(pp 56-57 Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie)
With the weather we have been enjoying enduring, I could use a pair of bedsocks myself!

1 comment:

Bea said...

Oh yes those do look like blueberry cheesecake. They came out so pretty.