Friday, December 07, 2007

Tricoter = Knitting

The other night my junior high student asked me for some help with her math. Here was the question:
Chan a tricoté pendant 3/4 h. Chaque rang lui a pris 1/20 d'heure. Combien de rangs a-t-elle tricoté?

Translation: Chan knit for 3/4 of an hour. Each row took her 1/20 of an hour. How many rows did she knit?
So, do you think Erica really needed help with her math, or was she giving me another knitting quote? Are you smarter than an 8th grader? Leave your correct answer to the math problem above in the comments and I will send you something I have knit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a test.

kannna said...

1/20 = 3/60
1row = 3min

45min divided by 3min = 15rows

i even showed my work : )

Anonymous said...

Typo--
tricotés should be tricoté
Atleast I think...
Erica
(Elle a tricoté?)