Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh, yeah...

107 degrees poolside.


80's tunes rockin' in the background.



Kids happy for the first time in 20 hours of driving.



That's what I'm talkin' about.



You know how blue jeans go with anything? Well, the yarn I ordered online was called Blue Jeans Gal and it was pegged for mittens for Erica and my Sister-in-law. Making use of the driving time on our holiday, I managed to finish the Sproing Socks and started the mittens. For all it is 107 out here, winter will come again. So these are the Blue Jean Mitts and Erica modeled them today with Sand Sun and Surf. They really do go with everything.

5 comments:

Bea said...

I like your new mitten and I'm glad you are so far enjoying your vacation! The farmers almanac is predicting a very cold winter. Looks like you will be ready!

PS you've reminded me I need to go buy a new swimsuit before its off season and I'm stuck in St Thomas without one!

Paula said...

Cute mittens. Looks like you are having nice weather in Cali...have fun!!!

Debbi said...

Now how fun was it to pass you on the CRAZY stretch of highway in Utah!? Holy weird, hey?! lol

Hope your trip was as great as mine was.

Sue-anne said...

Looks like a great holiday. I really like the mitten! I'm hoping I am the sister-in-law! Have fun.

Carla McDaniel said...

those mitts are so cute....i love them. you are one talented women!!! looks like you had a well deserved holiday together...