We have been having such a beautiful fall - let the pictures speak for themselves.
4. Trip to Ottawa3. The Weather

My Grandma gave me the "recipe" for these Bag Socks and I used my airplane knitting time to yield these. They worked up very quickly, but they are too small for me, so if you know someone with a size 6 or 7 foot who wants a pair of Sweet Pea Socks, I would give them away.
1. And the number one reason why I haven't been blogging is because of The Blog Award.

The talented knitter, dog lover, dextrous and clever seamstress, and commendable friend Bea from BAABAA Black Sheep has given me an award. I am so honoured. Bea is a real knitter, she has a blog that real knitters read. She has an ETSY shop. She always knits amazing things, (click here and scroll down to Sept. 26) and she responds to every comment left on her blog, if possible. That's how we got to know each other.
So these are the rules of the award:
1. Post the "I Love Your Blog Award" blue ribbon (done, finally)
2. Add a link to the person who recommened you, and say something nice about them. (done, truthfully, however non-eloquently)
3. Name four fellow bloggers for this award. (This is the hard part and the number one reason why I haven't been able to blog. I don't know who to choose. The reason I read the blogs I do is because, duh, I love and enjoy the blog. So how do I choose 4 favourites when they are all my favourites? Oh, the anguish.)
4. Add links to the recipients.
5. Let the people that you name know.
So without further ado, and after much deliberation, I will now name my 4 favouite blogs. Of course I love BAA BAA Black Sheep, but as she has already won the award, I cannot name her. I read several knitting blogs randomly, but she is the only one I have ever "talked" to. I also really enjoy my mother-in-law's private blog about her adventures in China. Then there is a sister and a sister-in-law whose blogs I really love (because I have the cutest nieces and nephews in the world!) However, I would be guilty of nepotism so I cannot choose them. I have recently reconnected with several high school classmates and many of them have blogs.
La Bonne Vie is authored by one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She is a patient mother who has amazing kids, a marathon runner and she leaves the sweetest comments on people's blogs. I don't know how she continually finds uplifting and encouraging things to say without repeating herself. The cup is definitely half-full for this positive blogger. Now if we could just get her knitting... Congrats Rita.
My second choice is a photography blog. Wild Rose Images is a source of some of the best photography I have ever seen. OK, maybe I'm a little biased since many of the images are of my favourite corner of the world! Deanna has an eye for angle, colour, and whimsy. I believe Deana and her talent are destined for great things. She has already done a book cover! Way to go, Deanna. Keep up the good work.
Cupcakes, anyone? Bakerella is a fun little blog about cupcakes. I think I gain five pounds every time I lurk on her site. Recipes, art, techniques are all what make this blog award-worthy. With a flair for showcasing her talent via some stellar photography, Bakerella makes me want to make (and eat) everything on her blog. She is creative, colourful, and interesting. And I am so making these puppy pops for Lincoln's birthday this year. Thank you, Bakerella for sharing your clever creativity.
The final choice is a friend whom I've known for years and who has always been an example to me. She is calm and collected, gracious and sagacious. (Hey, those rhyme). Her inner strength shows in her words and actions. She is totally dedicated to her Faith, Family and Friends. I admire her a great deal. You're the best, Sheila.














3 comments:
Your words are much, much too kind and I humbly accept my award while wishing I had size 6 or 7 feet so I could get those cutie patootie slippers. I'll follow my instructions for paying the blue ribbon forward but give me a could of days.
BTW, I once knit a scarf, you know. It's my favorite one!!
I don't even know what to write.......I'm stunned at your more than kind words and flattered beyond belief!
Love the beautiful photos!
Post a Comment