Friday, June 25, 2010

Hailstorm

We had a most EXCITING hailstorm on Tuesday.  It hit just as the kids were coming off the bus and they were soaked to the skin just from the short run home.  (A good mother might have driven down to pick them up, but I'm not going for Mother of the Year this year, heh heh)  It must not have been too bad though, because as soon as they got in the house, they dumped their backpacks and turned around and went back out in the pouring rain/hail.  Don't tell my sister, but the beautiful flowers she gave me for my birthday are shredded to bits.  I should have gone out to pull them in, but the last time I went out in a hailstorm, I had quarter sized bruises on my thighs for weeks.  Twenty-four hours later, there is still hail piled up by the drainpipe.  It was furious.  I love me a good hailstorm.

1 comment:

Neener said...

Ok, I have not seen hail like that since I last lived in Calgary when we used to hang out whem my little guy was what 1? Hmmmm.