Sunday morning I looked out my back window and saw two skunks, a mother and a baby, waddling through my back yard and under my back fence. Now there may have been a time, when I was young, very young, -too young to know better- when I thought skunks were pretty black and white striped kitties, but I know better now. And I do not want these skunks taking up residence in my backyard. So I blocked up their route with some wood and waited until this morning to see if they had come through. Sure enough, all my wood is knocked over and I'm sure the skunks have traipsed through my yard in the night. I recently met someone who is terrified of mice. A few bat stories helped her understand that mice are not all that scary - next to big furry brown bats that get in your house and fly straight for you when you open a door and well, it's late and I don't want you to have nightmares. So now I've got some skunk stories to share and bats are sounding less - wait a minute, who am I kidding. Bats are still seriously creepy. But skunks, yeah, just say no to skunks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)














3 comments:
No chomping yeah!!!
I can't believe you have skunks, how long have you lived there again? Seriously, that is crazy. Google some ideas on how to keep them out. You might have to nail those boards down. Do you have a garden? are they intrigued by the food? Hmmmm let me know how it goes.
you might just have to get out the rifle to combat that problem. YUCK YUCK!
I thought skunks were nocturnal. What's it doing out in daylight.
Post a Comment