Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Even the best intentions...

Sometimes even the most altruistic intentions can be waylaid by the Knitting Gods.  Here, let me explain.
So I had some leftover wool from Miranda's legwarmers.  There wasn't a lot left and it was a nice pale blue with a hint of green and I thought it would make some nice little baby pants to keep my new little niece warm during our harsh winter.  So I started knitting happily along and I got to the start of the legs and... I ran out of wool.  I promptly called the store and luckily they still had some in the same dye lot which they were more than happy to send to me.   I finished the pants - which are adorable - and decided they really needed a little top to go with and, fancy that, I had seen just the perfect pattern (Kaia Baby Doll by Rachel Evans).  So I started knitting with the wool leftover from the pants and I finished the sleeves and the bodice and... I ran out of wool.  So I went down to my LYS (local yarn store) and bought some supersoft superwash Cascade 220 in a contrasting colour and finished the top. 
My modesty totally fails me here. 
The outfit is really really really really really cute.
(Although to give credit where credit is due, I must admit that the baby inside the outfit is pretty stinkin' cute as well.) 
I also want to give credit to a talented fellow knitter/crocheter Angie for teaching me how to make the flowers.  They totally make the outfit.

 The real kicker is that I now have twice as much leftover wool than I had to begin with.  See what I mean about "intentions"?  Oh well, I just have to look at these pics of my adorable niece and I feel all happy again.  What's a little leftover wool anyway?  I can always roll it up in balls and use it as a centerpiece...

8 comments:

Harmony said...

Adorable! The niece and the outfit...

Granny said...

I love it.

Christy said...

Absolutely ADORABLE... Baby and outfit!

Neener said...

So darling and You know I am a huge fan of the flowers.

Paula said...

You are so talented. I love this outfit (and the baby in it!)and feel so priviledged to be the very lucky recipient of it but a little bad about all the extra yarn and hassle...

Paula said...

THANK YOU! (if i haven't said it enough yet)

Debbi said...

Seriously soooo stinking CUTE!!!!!!!

Harmony said...

I know there's a difference between knitting and crocheting...but I thought you'd get a kick out of these anyway, if you haven't seen them before:

http://beardbeanie.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop/taraduff