Random Wednesday:
Little Miranda
Little Miranda
Little Miranda sat on the Veranda
Having a noonday nap,
There buzzed down a bee,
Which sat on her knee -
And Miranda said, "Ooh, fancy that!"
Found this in a book of poems for the very young by Gervase Phinn. I liked it because it had Miranda's name in it. I have been crazy busy, but I took pictures of it all so I will catch up my blog soon. Last day of school and my kids are already bored. Whatever are we going to do? This happens every year. It takes them a few days to remember how to live without being told what to do every single minute of every single day.
At the other end of the literary scale, Master of Words William Shakespeare made reference to knitting.
The web of our life is a mingled yarn, good and ill together.
That is in All's Well That Ends Well Act IV iii. Lest you think I have time to leisurely study Shakespeare, I admit I saw that quote on a knitting forum. I did whip out my handy dandy complete works of William Shakespeare in The Alexander Text to verify chapter and verse. Does that make me seem more intellectual?
How about this for a cute bumper sticker?

If you are looking for a cute idea for Father's Day (next year) or a birthday gift for someone who has everything, look no further than here. These cute little cubes are so easy to make and would be cute centrepieces for a wedding reception or a party. I made one for my dad for Father's Day and one for Ed's birthday with all his kids on it. Have fun making a stack for someone special.
A few weeks ago in church, Miranda said, "Mom, I'm thirsty. Can you take me to the water mountain?" The water mountain, not to be confused with Chief Mountain, a squarish distinct mountain in southern Alberta, around which legend and prophecy alike surround. I grew up in the shadow of Chief Mountain. What a beautiful corner of the world. Allow me to make a link between the water mountain and Chief Mountain. The water fountain is where you a) satisfy your thirst, b) take a walk to when you are

Boy, that was random.














1 comment:
If it's where I think it is, that is such a beautiful part of the continent! I was fortunate enough to visit Glacier National Park several years ago. (The US park - is that the same as the Canadian park?) I felt like a different person after I visited, so I can see why you're homesick.
Post a Comment