Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I saw this cartoon on the Reader's Digest website and thought it was funny. People sure love blogging. I enjoy it, but resent the time it takes away from other things I enjoy.
Miranda drew a cat. Some days she can hardly draw a straight line and other days she turns out things like this!
Things that strike me as dumb:
#1. Safeway was having a sale on pizza sauce. There was none on the shelf so I went to customer service to get a rain check. The lady asked me how many I would like. Knowing there are 12 in a case (I've seen it on the shelf in cases of 12) and knowing how much pizza we eat and knowing how easy it would be to transport a case of pizza sauce out of said store upon arrival of product, I told her I would take a case. Here comes the dumb part. She told me I could not order a case. Then I asked her if I could order 12. Sure, she replied.
#2. Ed's car got a flat tire the other day. Congratulating myself on having Goodyear tires that Fountain Tire will fix for free, I was giddy with anticipation of a zero bill. They got the last laugh since by the time I left I had 4 new tires and not a zero bill. That's what a hole in the sidewall will get you. The tires were only 40% through their expected warranty and 60% worn out! So we took the tire warranty rebate and applied it to the new tires and we're good to go again. I'm feeling a bit like I'm only 40% through my life expectancy and 60% worn out. The kids are all sick except Lincoln and I think I have run a marathon on my staircase. Hopefully they will all get better soon. And hopefully I won't get it, or Ed. That would be even worse...
Updated by author at 8:00 p.m. Lincoln is now sick as well.

2 comments:

Bea said...

oh dear! I hope you are all better soon! I'm sending well wishes your way for the entire house.

I love the cat and the cartoon. You daughter is a stellar artist. So cute.

I owe you a couple of emails! I'm going to sit down and answer them tomorrow. I keep putting it off because I want to write you good emails and not super fast ones!

Harmony said...

Love the 40%/60% analogy! I think I resemble that as well...