Friday, May 16, 2008

Missed deadlines and Fish Creek fun

Poor Erica drew this to enter for the 2010 Olympics logo contest.Too bad she missed the deadline.
The boys and I had fun in Fish Creek Park this afternoon. After a picnic with Dad, we went hiking to the ice caves. It was about 29 degrees out and, inevitably, the boys ended up in the water before too long. As cold as it was with that water dripping into it, and considering we had snow a few weeks ago, the water wasn't even as cold as Cameron Lake. Anyway, we had an absolute blast.

Austen learned to do backflips on the tramp and it was so cute how he phoned Bentley (who was babysitting) to tell him.
All the boys are sleeping under the stars in the backyard tonight. Do you think they will make it until morning?

5 comments:

Bea said...

Oh this looks like fun. Its so funny to see the ice everywhere but the kids in shorts and tee shirts.

Neener said...

I love your blogs, seems like it has been awhile since I have read your page. I get a kick out of your "blank" look on your face in the gondola, my kids always take photos of me like that.
You look great and so do your kids. What grade is Erica in now?

Sue-anne said...

Erica-
Great job on the poster. It is fabulous.

houseofhud said...

Looks like a fun little family getaway. Erica is a talented artist!

Paula said...

ice caves? you will have to take us there, looks like you guys had fun. glad to see it warming up just in time for us! Erica, I love your design!