I think I'm bewitched. I just spent an unadmittable amount of time creating this:

Don't laugh at me - go make your own. (I'm Wispa Cedarroot if you want to search for me on the site.)
It seems like my knitting has also been bewitched lately. I started a fun little dishcloth pattern for my mom for Mother's day. Since I found the pattern in a magazine I got out of the library, I had photocopied the pattern. However, when I got to row 18, it said, "Continued on page 87." Uhhh, I didn't photocopy page 87. So back to the library I went to find page 87! Needless to say my Mom didn't get it by Mother's day. But it did turn out cute in the end. However, someone named "NOT ME" deleted the picture of it so I will have to make another one to post on here, since I know you are all just dying to see it!
Then I started another dishcloth that had bewitched me and it is enormous! No worries, says I, it really wants to be a placemat. Placemats are quite a bit larger than dishcloths... so I'm out of yarn and I have a half finished placemat.
You can only get this yarn in the States so unless any of my American family/friends want to go down to their local Wal-Mart and find me a skein of Peaches and Cream cotton in Faded Denim Colour 181 and send it up to me, this project will end up in the Brilliantly-Knit-But-Unfinished Basket, where it will not be lonely.
I've been trying to start a poncho for Erica. She picked out the wool and we've been "collaborating" on the pattern. Yeah, so anyone know how to convert lace knitting to the round? Or add increases in at inconspicuous places??? Just let me know.
Last but not least, for Flower Friday, here is a picture of my iris in the back yard. They are loving all this rain and the blooms are absolutely breathtaking. Not blue, not purple, just beautiful.














2 comments:
Beautiful picture of your Iris. I also spent 1 hour dressing and playing with my little fairy. I'll have to share it with Taylor tomorrow...I am a full time Mom now. 2 in school and 2 at home. Busy, Busy, Busy. Can you believe I played with a fairy at age 62. Crazy, Crazy, Cracy!
Beautiful iris! My dad calls them "flags." Isn't it amazing how much easier it is to take pictures of flowers than of kids?!
Post a Comment