Monday, September 15, 2008

Blessings



Today I am counting my blessings.

First I am blessed with FUN.

Spruce Meadows brought in face painters this year and boy were they good. Miranda wanted to be a "Pink Tiger" and the lady was so excited because she hadn't done a tiger all day. We walked around Spruce Meadows for awhile after and many strangers approached to compliment Miranda on her "pink tiger" face paint. she gave each of them a big growl and they all walked away smiling. It was so FUN.
We also played "How many people can you fit on your new quad, Uncle Randy?" It just doesn't get any funner than that.

Second I am blessed with FAMILY.

At home this weekend I saw nephews visiting from afar, and met my two newest nieces. I enjoyed the movie making talents of my mother that showcased the wonderful family I've been blessed with. She's amazing and tireless.

I am grateful for a levelheaded fourteen-year-old. She's been driving everywhere and is doing so well. Some teenagers get stubborn and bull-headed (myself at that age, ok - so maybe I still am) and do the opposite of what you tell them. Erica tries to do it exactly how you tell her and keeps trying until she gets it right. She is an amazing girl.

I am thankful for BEAUTY. I grew up in a truly beautiful corner of the world and I will always treasure the beauty there.No knitting to report. Sigh.

P.S. I am also grateful for all the comments people left in the last post. It is so fun to see how many people are putting up with the ramblings of my crazy mind sharing my blog with me.

8 comments:

Debbi said...

HOW COOL IS YOUR PINK TIGER!! That face-painter rocks!

houseofhud said...

Erica driving?!?! YIKES...how is that from a mother's point of view? AND that is the coolest face painting!!!

Bea said...

You have really wonderful blessings. I can't believe Erica is driving. I'm going to say awesome instead of yikes. I think you guys live far enough away for me not to be worried.

Carla McDaniel said...

i enjoyed reading this blog...you are BLESSED...thanks for the post

Sheila said...

HI, came across your blog and thought I'd say hello. Check mine out too. sheilahatch.blogspot.com
Diana is driving now too. got her licence last spring. It is a whole new world at that point. Nice to see your family. Say hi to Ed for us too.

Susie said...

Hey, I found ya! that is some seriously sweet face painting. Erica is amazing, but driving....really is she old enough

Bea said...

I've left you a present on my blog. Go check it out!

Neener said...

What a beautiful blog...and you have a daughter driving...where is the time going.