Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Random Wednesday

Warning, this post may contain knitting content.

10 Random Things:
1. Jimmy Buffett
While we were in California, we went to Corona del Mar. This fellow reminded me of Jimmy Buffett. What do you think? Is it him?


2. Rainbows in the desert
As we drove through the Mojave Desert, the temperature peaked at 112 F or 44 C. And yet, there was this beautiful rainbow. Very cool, but difficult to photograph from a moving vehicle.

3. Erica's dream job

We took a day to walk around Vegas and my kids' favourite thing was this fish tank with a scuba diver in it. He was "vaccuming". We watched him for about an hour.


# 4. I had supper with my siblings and parents one night at the Cattle Baron. Before it was done over as a restaurant it was rated the fourth roughest bar in the US.


#5. There is magic at Disneyland, and here's proof. (my boys in the same pic, smiling)


#6 Christmas Mountain

Plain as day when we drove past this mountain, we could read the word NOEL. By the time I got the camera out and snapped the shot, we were a bit past and you can't see it as well. I have highlighted it to help you pick it out. You may have to use your imagination a bit.

# 7. Fossilized Jellyfish Bentley saw on Scout Camp at Egypt Lake

# 8. First day of school




# 9. An Equine Love Affair


# 10 Sproing socks finished
Whew, that was exhausting.

4 comments:

Sue-anne said...

i enjoyed your randomness. i could even handle the knitting content.

Neener said...

I loved the rainbow photo. We saw a number of them but mine didn't turn out so well.

Carla McDaniel said...

loved your random wednesday...and your pictures.

Debbi said...

Crazy-- Karri and I TOTALLY saw that Noel mountain! That's hilarious that someone else saw it too!