Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Portland

I have been to Portland twice before and never seen Mt. Hood as it was always in the clouds. When we went out in July we were treated to a beautiful view of it.



We also enjoyed amazing waterfalls at Horsetail and Multnomah Falls. I would have liked to hike the falls, but time did not permit it.


We saw the Spokane Washington and Columbia Falls Temples.




We enjoyed a beautiful drive through the gorge.


We swam at a warm, sandy-banked river complete with rope swings.


We rode down the 101 on Ed's cousin's BMW bike.
We toured the Tilamook Cheese factory.

We went to the Portland Temple.


We went to Astoria and flew balsa wood airplanes off the top.
Erica had this great idea:


We spent time at Seaside.

We swam and played in the hotel pool and ate way too much for breakfast. We really enjoyed our time in Portland and the fact that we were able to spend time with both sides of Ed's family.


Portland is a beautiful city. We loved how green it was and the mountains and ocean and sunshine. We especially thought it was neat that you never felt like you were in a big city, but rather in a rural setting. Maybe I'll retire there instead of Montana. Hmmm, have to think about that.

5 comments:

Rita said...

Never been to Washington :( but have always wanted to.

I guess a visible Mt. Hood was make up for clouded Old Chief, huh?

Retire to Montana?! Is there a warm, sandy beach in Montana that I don't know about? ;)

Finally, I noticed that Ed is wearing a KPMG hat in one of your photos. My bro-in-law worked for them. Does Ed work for them?

Bea said...

Love Portland. You guys look like you had a lot of fun.

My brother used to work for KPMG.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! Portland is one city I've missed in my travels but think I'll have to go soon.

Beth said...

Karen and I were commenting that you guys have almost seen more of Oregon than we have! I'm sure you were exhausted after going all those places. It was GREAT to see you all.

Neener said...

Man, I haven't been to Portland for 15yrs... it is a lovely place. I tell ya, you have had a very busy year travelling. Keep it up.