I promise to blog about Nova Scotia next time but in the meantime here are a few finished projects.
Hermione Granger meets Ann of Green Gables toque (knit on Prince Edward Island)
By the way, it seems other people had the same desire to knit this toque that I did. At least two other knitters have also written up a pattern for the toque Hermione was wearing in the last movie. Might have been nice to know before I went to all the trouble of making up the pattern from a picture. Anyway, it's done now and while I am no Emma Thompson, my hat is every bit as cute as hers.
Dishcloths (I know, sorry Norma. Sometimes I have a momentary lapse in sanity.)
And last but not least, my sister-in-law wanted to come to a yarn store with me. We went to the Witty Knitter in Bigfork, MT. (Awesome little shop, btw.) I'm sure she was thinking, "What can all the excitement be about? It's just yarn. It's just knitting."
So, she fell in love with some Baby Alpaca in a gorgeous red. We left with 2 skeins which I am currently knitting into a cloud-soft scarf and possibly matching hat for her.
Anyone want to come on a yarn crawl with me?















6 comments:
Dibbs the toque.
I love the toque & you look so pretty in that picture!!
Double dibbs the toque.
Beautiful picture. Beautiful toque. Love the red too.
BTW, are you kidding me with Louis L'Amour?!! I've never even considered reading what I have only touched to dust under my dad's current copy ;D
Stunning picture in a toque. Who would have thought toque and stunning could be used in the same sentance :) It's the pretty lady that makes it work.
Post a Comment