Wednesday, September 30, 2009

As if I haven't done enough travelling this year...

I went to Ottawa with Edward. He attends a tax conference every year in Ottawa and I go with him for a little get away with just the two of us. (Of course you all know I really only go for the knitting time, ha ha.)
Anyway, since I fly Airmiles I have to stay over Saturday night so this year we drove up to Mont Tremblant for Saturday and Sunday. 
There are some places in the world that have been touched by God's paintbrush and Mont Tremblant is one of them.  The colours were starting to change and with the blue lakes, azure sky, reds oranges, yellows and greens bursting out of gray rock, I was mesmerized. 






Ed and I attended church in the basement of a Remax building with the French twig St. Jovitte (smaller than a Branch) They often have as few as 5 people at church. But I was impressed and humbled with their dedication to the gospel and their love for their little corner of the world. I so enjoyed singing hymns in French.


Back in Otttawa we found a Mongolian Hot Pot aka Little Sheep.  You might recall the Little Sheep from our China adventure
I then spent 2 days walking the Rideau Canal, working out, taking naps, reading and knitting.  Oh, and walking around and dining with Ed in the evening.  So fun.  As soon as I weave in all the little ends I'll post pics of the FO's (finished objects).  No trip to Ottawa would be complete without a visit to Knit Knackers. Friendly staff and oodles of wooly goodness to choose from, what more could any knitter ask for?   
All in all, it was an enjoyable trip and my awesome in-laws somehow managed to keep up the pace of our busy family.

3 comments:

Bea said...

Wow all your trips look like a LOT of fun!

Rita said...

I don't think the words "enough" and "traveling" should be used in the same sentence ;) Glad you had fun.

Neener said...

Glad you had such a wonderful trip.