Friday, September 18, 2009

If this is true...

"What we love to do we find time to do."
- John L. Spalding

...then how come I'm having so much trouble finding time to knit?
Could it be having 4 kids in 3 different schools, 1 preschooler, a busy husband, 2 seminary children in two different early-morning seminaries, volunteer responsibilities, Sunday lesson responsibilities, 1 home based preschool operation, swimming lessons, piano and violin lessons, 2 cross-country teams and 1 household to run? Not to mention my award winning (cough) neglected blog.
Nah, couldn't be all that.
Maybe it's that I'm trying to paint the front porch, back step, seal the garage and driveway before winter, build a wall of hooks for hoodies and backpacks in my laundry room, de-junk all the kids drawers, and organize all mine and my husband's photos from birth to marriage.
Nah, couldn't be that either.
It must be that I'm trying to get the house organized and clean before my in-laws come to tend the kids while I go to Ottawa for a few days with Edward (tax conference). Yup, that must be it.
Oh well, maybe I'll be able to get some knitting done in Ottawa... :)

4 comments:

Debbi said...

oh, do I hear ya or do I hear ya?!!!

mskaz said...

Jac, you need to drop something. Like maybe give a few kids away or at least convince them to drop out of school, etc.

Good luck with all of that!

Amy and Brad said...

Have fun in Ottawa! I had to laugh 'cuz I am busy trying to organize and clean before my parents come to watch OUR kids so WE can get away to an optometry conference :) Same life stage, I guess!

Rita said...

I was exhausted just reading this! Good luck on getting it all in...cleaning/organizing my house before my parents come to visit as well. We are not going to a conference, however...to HAWAII. And no, I won't be doing any knitting while I'm there ;)
Enjoy Ottawa. I've never been but would love to.