Thursday, January 24, 2008

I do it for fun!

Sometimes I knit silly things. Like birdhouses, crowns or Christmas cards. There is no purpose to this - I don't learn anything from them and in the case of the birdhouse, I have even been severly and publicly mocked. The bottom line? I don't care because I had fun doing it.

Sometimes I read silly books. While many in my group of incredibly intellectual peers found little to be gained from reading the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, I enjoyed the book. I had fun reading it. It shut out the laundry, killer dust bunnies, whining squabbling children and other unpleasantries that occasionally cross my path. It was pure escapism. It was fun.
I guess I'll take my silly birdhouse and hopeless romantic vampire literature and have my fun!

1 comment:

Harmony said...

I read silly books too, and enjoy them way too much!