Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

Well, we had a nice Christmas and New Year, visiting family, skiing, going to movies, watching football (all day), tending sick kids, visiting with friends, shopping, reading, knitting, swimming, playing volleyball, eating good food (I invented a recipe for White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake that was surprisingly delicious), playing with new toys, sleeping in and eating again. No wonder everyone always makes New Year's Resolutions to exercise and lose weight.

I know I was a good girl last year because take a peek at what I got for Christmas:

Sometimes yarn talks to me. For instance, the red alpaca in the above photo? I marked it for socks, but it wants to be mittens. Go figure. It did ask politely though, unlike the Trekking sock I have started. That is one Bossy with a capital B yarn. In fact, it is so bossy, it will be transformed into The Bossy Socks. Here's how it happened. I started off with a nice little 2 inches of ribbing at the top, and the crazy bossy wool wanted to keep ribbing. I ended up with over 6 inches of ribbing! I hate ribbing. I do, however, love the socks, until I remember I have to do another one to match. Grrr, more ribbing.

The navy is for Edward, of course. More plain conservative accountant socks. I might have to put some design detail in there to distinguish them from the plain conservative accountant socks I already knit for him, which he loves and wears all the time.

The charcoal kid silk mohair is destined to make me "feel like a movie star". I really like that pattern.

So it looks like I'm starting 2008 out with lots of sock yarn, which I don't mind at all. I have also promised myself I will finish my fair isle sweater. I just need some uninterrupted focus time as the fair isle pattern does not lend itself to parenting while attempting to knit. That's it, the kids have got to go. Heh, heh, just kidding - sort of.

No comments: