Monday, January 14, 2008

Muskrat Love




While we were down home at Christmas, we braved "Maria" to go skating on the pond. As we pulled up to the ice, I could see some sort of animal out on the ice. The bundle of fluff turned out to be a muskrat - albeit a rather large fat one. We watched as he ambled off the ice and headed straight for our car. Bizarrely, (is that a word?), looking neither to the right nor to the left, he walked right up to our car, straight under our car and on up toward the barn. Competely fearless. I've chosen him as my knitting mascot for the year. I am attempting to fearlessly knit my fair isle sweater, which shall henceforth be referred to as the Muskrat Sweater. I cruised through the stockingette last summer - and there I stopped. I was afraid of the fair isle knitting. Not anymore though. Just like that muskrat who walked right under my car, I am going to just keep going even though it takes 45 minutes to do a round over 220 stitches! I won't tell you how many rounds it is going to take me to finish the crazy thing. Oh well, with the courage of a muskrat, I will be finished before you know it. Here is a pic of it as of last summer. Here it is 5 rows into the Fair Isle yoke.Here is a pic of what it will supposedly look like when I am done knitting like a fearless muskrat, with the exception of a few minor colour changes, of course.Here are some random pictures of the kids skating on the abandoned Muskrat Pond.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how blue the sky is.